September 19, 2017
Hello Galloway Community,
It is with great excitement about the positive momentum of our Head of School search process that we are writing today. We'd like to share an update on the search and an overview of what to expect in the coming weeks.
- August Consultant Visits: Thanks to your engagement with Educators' Collaborative in August, our consultants, Doug and Mary, gained significant insights regarding our culture, our strengths and challenges, and, most importantly, our students. After his visit, Doug shared, "Galloway is impressive on so many levels. From the dedication of faculty and staff to strong parent participation, it's obvious that Galloway is delivering on its mission and unique pedagogy." These visits, along with the survey results, will inform the Educators' Collaborative network as they begin the candidate vetting process.
- Survey: We would like to thank you for your engagement in this process! Your 400+ responses to the community survey were more than twice the number expected by our consultants and demonstrate the strength and engagement of this community. Importantly, your feedback reflects themes that are in unity with the ones identified by the Board and Vision Team, and will significantly impact the key priorities we've identified in our effort to retain best-fit Head of School candidates.
- Leadership Profile: The profile is completed and being shared with candidates who are expressing genuine interest in the Head position. This high-level document is a tool designed to spark further dialogue. It contains general school information, along with an outline of Galloway's strengths and opportunities, based on information gathered from the Board, the Vision Team, the consultant's open sessions with faculty, staff, parents and students, and the community survey.
- Early Interest: One of the key reasons we chose Educators' Collaborative to support the Search Committee through this process is the breadth and depth of their collective network in national and international education. As a result of their extensive pool of resources which extends well beyond those currently in the job market for Head positions, early outreach efforts have been very promising. Additionally, leaders of the Galloway community have accessed their own networks, contributing a number of candidates to EC for early vetting. Several promising prospects have been identified already, and we look forward to bringing our final candidates on campus in the fall.
- What's Next: While the daily vetting of early candidates continues, members of the Search Committee are attending several community gatherings to provide updates on the search process. These include the Development Committee meeting, a Vision Team meeting, the Alumni Parent Happy Hour, an Alumni Executive Board meeting and the Parent's Association Executive Board meeting.
Throughout the search process we are guided by Galloway's commitment to innovation, enthusiasm and high expectations. We look forward to seeing you as the pace of the search picks up through the fall.
Please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions or concerns.
All the best,
Leigh Thompson and Amy Smith, '89
Search Committee Co-Chairs