Thank you for your interest in The Galloway School. Please note that the deadline of February 2, 2018 has passed. If you are interested in submitting a late application, please contact us directly.
The Galloway School is one of the Atlanta area schools using a web-based software application called Ravenna for scheduling admissions events and receiving applications. Ravenna allows you to request more information from the school, register for an event, join our mailing list, submit an application, and track the status of your application — all in one place, all online. Click here for a Family User Guide to Ravenna. Don’t hesitate to call us with questions!
CREATE A RAVENNA ACCOUNT and APPLY TO GALLOWAY
- Go to www.ravenna-hub.com and create an account. Please use your primary email address that will be accessible to you throughout the year.
- After creating your student(s) profile, select The Galloway School under "School Directory" and submit an application.
- Application deadline is February 2, 2018.
- Application fee is $85 through January 19.
- After January 19, fee is $100.
- All supporting documents are due February 19.
COMPLETE PARENT STATEMENT AND STUDENT QUESTIONS
All parents will complete the Parent Statement in Ravenna. Only students applying to grades 9-11 will submit Student Questions in Ravenna.
DELEGATE FORMS TO YOUR CURRENT SCHOOL
Delegate Teacher Evaluation forms and the Principal/Counselor Evaluation form to your child's current school. These grade-specific forms will be available in Ravenna and should be completed by your current school after January 1 and are due to Galloway by February 19.
Applicants to grades 1 through 12 should download and print the grade appropriate Transcript Release Authorization form and submit it directly to your child's current school. The school must send the transcript directly to Galloway's admissions office after January 1. The transcript should include first semester grades/evaluations and arrive by February 19.
SCHEDULE TWO VISITS - LET US GET TO KNOW YOU AND YOUR CHILD
STUDENT OBSERVATION SESSION
All applicants will participate in a Saturday observation session. Students will come to Galloway's campus for a session with teachers and other applicants of the same grade. You will choose an observation date (either Saturday, February 10 or February 17) and time in Ravenna after your application has been submitted.
A weekday parent conversation with a member of the admissions team is a requirement for all applicants. You will choose a parent conversation date in Ravenna after your application has been submitted. Please note, these appointments fill quickly and begin in November and end in February.
OUTSIDE TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- All applicants to grades kindergarten through 11 submit outside testing. Outside testing is not required for Pre-K I or Pre-K II (3-year-old and Pre-Kindergarten age) applicants.
- Applicants to kindergarten through grade 5: JATP is requested. The registration form and instructions can be found here.
- Applicants to grades 6-12: SSAT is requested. The SSAT website includes information, locations, and dates. Galloway's recipient code is 3346. The February 3, 2018 SSAT standard test date is the last standard test date that will allow scores to arrive by the supporting documents deadline.