Financial Assistance FAQ
- Who can apply for financial assistance?
- If I am a returning Galloway family applying for assistance for the first time, what is the process?
- Who determines financial assistance awards at Galloway?
- Is income of all parents considered?
- Do you offer 100% financial assistance?
- If I have multiple children receiving assistance, will their awards be the same?
- Is there assistance for items beyond tuition?
- Will applying for financial assistance affect my child's chances for admission to Galloway?
- Who has access to my financial information?
- If I should suffer an unexpected financial setback during the course of the school year, will Galloway adjust my student’s financial assistance award?
- Is financial aid renewed automatically?
- Does Galloway award scholarships for academics or athletics?
- When will I be notified if an award is made?
- Where can I mail my SSS documents if I am unable to upload them?
The Financial Assistance Committee will consider applications from returning families who have not received financial assistance in the past. However, the committee cannot guarantee that it will be able to meet the financial needs of these families. If you are a returning family that would like to apply for financial assistance, please follow the directions here, use Galloway school code #3346 to apply for financial assistance for existing families by November 18, 2019.
Financial assistance decisions are determined by the Financial Assistance Committee, which is comprised of select members of the Galloway faculty and staff. The Financial Assistance Committee keeps all financial information supplied by families strictly confidential and asks that families do the same.
When a student of a single parent or blended family applies for assistance, financial information from all parents including non-custodial parents and their spouses must be submitted. All household income is considered when determining financial need. For parents applying for assistance in a sole custody situation, please complete the noncustodial parent petition form even if you have previously submitted this form, have it notarized, and upload it to SSS along with your other tax documents. All information submitted to the Financial Assistance Office will be held in the strictest of confidence.
As Galloway considers participation in school-sponsored activities an essential part of school life, financial assistance recipients will receive an additional award, capped at $350 per student, to be used for activities not covered by tuition. The percentage of the $350 activity allowance awarded will equal the percent that the financial assistance award is of that student's gross tuition. Amounts not used in an academic year cannot be carried over to another year. Please contact Cheri Davis, Accounts Receivable in the Business Office, for additional information.
Galloway is committed to its families. Although financial assistance funds are limited, the school will do what it can to offer help to families in need. Please contact Kristin Wold, Admissions & Financial Aid Officer.
After you have completed and submitted your PFS, you have the option to submit required documents to SSS by mail. Just log into the Family Portal and click on the “My Documents” tab in the upper right corner. Click the “Print Cover Sheet” link on that page to print our customized cover sheet. Make sure to mail your documents at least 10 days before your school deadlines time. You will find our regular and overnight mail addresses on the cover sheet as well.
Standard Mail: SSS, P.O. Box 449, Randolph, MA 02368
Overnight Mail: SSS Application Processing Center, 15 Dan Road, Suite 102, Canton, MA 02021
The financial aid application AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS are due February 17, 2020.
The Galloway School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law in administration of its employment, enrollment, or educational policies, tuition assistance programs or other administered programs.