As a response to COVID-19, the campus is closed to students until further notice. While we are not together, we are participating in successful continuous learning from home, and the admissions team has become Zoom Video Conferencing experts as conversations surrounding admissions & decisions continue. The AAAIS Admissions Decision Release Date of Saturday, April 4th after 8:00 am remains the same. Thank you for participating in the Galloway admissions process, and please do not hesitate to reach out via email with any questions that you may have!
The Galloway School is one of the Atlanta area schools using a web-based software application called Ravenna for scheduling admissions events and receiving applications. Ravenna allows you to request more information from the school, register for an event, join our mailing list, submit an application, and track the status of your application — all in one place, all online. Click here for a Family User Guide to Ravenna. Don’t hesitate to call us with questions!
CREATE A RAVENNA ACCOUNT and APPLY TO GALLOWAY
- Go to Ravenna and create an account. Please use your primary email address that will be accessible to you throughout the year.
- After creating your student(s) profile, select The Galloway School under "School Directory" and submit an application.
- Application deadline is January 31, 2020.
- Application fee is $85 through January 17, 2020.
- After January 17, 2020 fee is $100.
- All supporting documents are due by February 17, 2020.
COMPLETE PARENT STATEMENT AND STUDENT QUESTIONS
All parents will complete the Parent Statement in Ravenna. Only students applying to grades 9-11 will submit Student Questions in Ravenna.
DELEGATE FORMS TO YOUR CURRENT SCHOOL
Delegate Teacher Evaluation forms and the Principal/Counselor Evaluation form to your child's current school. These grade-specific forms will be available in Ravenna and should be completed by your current school after January 1 and are due to Galloway by February 17.
Applicants to grades 1 through 11, please download and print the Transcript Release Authorization form and submit it directly to your child's current school. The school must send the transcript directly to Galloway's admissions office after January 1. The transcript should include first semester grades/evaluations and arrive by February 17.
SCHEDULE TWO VISITS - LET US GET TO KNOW YOUR FAMILY
STUDENT OBSERVATION SESSION
All applicants will participate in a Saturday observation session. Students will come to Galloway's campus for a session with teachers and other applicants of the same grade. You will choose an observation date (either Saturday, February 8 or February 15) and time in Ravenna after your application has been submitted.
A weekday parent conversation with a member of the admissions team is required for all applicants to Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. A conversation with admissions is not required but is encouraged for families looking at grades 9–11. You will choose a parent conversation date in Calendly after your application has been submitted. Please note, these appointments fill quickly and begin in November and end in February.
OUTSIDE TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- All applicants to grades kindergarten through 11 submit outside testing. Outside testing is not required for Pre-Kindergarten applicants.
- Applicants to kindergarten through grade 5: JATP. Registration information and instructions can be found here.
- Applicants to grades 6–12: the SSAT is required. The SSAT website includes information, locations, and dates. Galloway's recipient code is 3346. For applicants to grades 10 and 11, Galloway will accept the PSAT, SAT, or ACT in lieu of the SSAT.
The February 8, 2020 SSAT standard test date is the last standard test date that will allow scores to arrive by the supporting documents deadline.
The Galloway School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law in administration of its employment, enrollment, or educational policies, tuition assistance programs or other administered programs.