The priority application deadline has passed. If you are interested in pursuing an application, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Galloway School is one of the Atlanta area schools using a web-based software application called Ravenna for scheduling admissions events and receiving applications. Ravenna allows you to request more information from the school, register for an event, join our mailing list, submit an application, and track the status of your application — all in one place, all online. Click here for a Family User Guide to Ravenna . Don’t hesitate to call us with questions!
CREATE A RAVENNA ACCOUNT and APPLY TO GALLOWAY
- Go to www.ravenna-hub.com and create an account. Please use your primary email address that will be accessible to you throughout the year.
- After creating your student(s) profile, select The Galloway School under "School Directory" and submit an application.
- Application deadline was February 1, 2019.
- Application fee is $85 through January 18, 2019.
- After January 18, 2018 fee is $100.
- All supporting documents are due by February 18, 2019.
COMPLETE PARENT STATEMENT AND STUDENT QUESTIONS
All parents will complete the Parent Statement in Ravenna. Only students applying to grades 9-11 will submit Student Questions in Ravenna.
DELEGATE FORMS TO YOUR CURRENT SCHOOL
Delegate Teacher Evaluation forms and the Principal/Counselor Evaluation form to your child's current school. These grade-specific forms will be available in Ravenna and should be completed by your current school after January 1 and are due to Galloway by February 18.
Applicants to grades 1 through 12 should download and print the grade appropriate Transcript Release Authorization form and submit it directly to your child's current school. The school must send the transcript directly to Galloway's admissions office after January 1. The transcript should include first semester grades/evaluations and arrive by February 18.
SCHEDULE TWO VISITS - LET US GET TO KNOW YOU AND YOUR CHILD
STUDENT OBSERVATION SESSION
All applicants will participate in a Saturday observation session. Students will come to Galloway's campus for a session with teachers and other applicants of the same grade. You will choose an observation date (either Saturday, February 9 or February 16) and time in Ravenna after your application has been submitted.
A weekday parent conversation with a member of the admissions team is required for all applicants to Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. A conversation with admissions is not required but is encouraged for families looking at grades 9–11. You will choose a parent conversation date in Ravenna after your application has been submitted. Please note, these appointments fill quickly and begin in November and end in February.
OUTSIDE TESTING REQUIREMENTS
- All applicants to grades kindergarten through 11 submit outside testing. Outside testing is not required for Pre-Kindergarten applicants.
- Applicants to kindergarten through grade 5: JATP. Registration information and instructions can be found here.
- Applicants to grades 6–12: the SSAT is required. The SSAT website includes information, locations, and dates. Galloway's recipient code is 3346. For applicants to grades 10 and 11, Galloway will accept the PSAT, SAT, or ACT in lieu of the SSAT.
- Applicants to grades 6–12: SSAT Character Skills Snapshot. Galloway uses the Snapshot results to provide deeper insight into your child’s character skills and personality. It allows the admissions team to see where your child would grow and thrive in the Galloway community. For students who take the SSAT, there is no fee to take the Snapshot. Once you register for the SSAT, you will receive an email with instructions to take the assessment. As the Snapshot is self-administered online, students should complete the assessment with no assistance.
The February 2, 2019 SSAT standard test date is the last standard test date that will allow scores to arrive by the supporting documents deadline.
The Galloway School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law in administration of its employment, enrollment, or educational policies, tuition assistance programs or other administered programs.