The application for the 2023-2024 school year will open in October. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
The Galloway School is one of the Atlanta area schools using a web-based software application called Ravenna for scheduling admissions events and receiving applications. Ravenna allows you to request more information from the school, register for an event, join our mailing list, submit an application, and track the status of your application — all in one place, all online. Click here for a Family User Guide to Ravenna. Don’t hesitate to call us with questions!
Create a Ravenna Account and Apply to Galloway
- Go to Ravenna and create an account. Please use your primary email address that will be accessible to you throughout the year.
- If you already have a Ravenna account, please be sure to update your child(ren)'s profile(s) before submitting an application.
- After creating your student(s) profile, select The Galloway School under "School Directory" and submit an application.
- Application deadline is January 27, 2023.
- Application fee is $85 through January 13, 2023.
- After January 13, 2023 fee is $100.
- All supporting documents are due by February 17, 2023.
Complete a Parent Statement and Student Questions
All parents will complete the Parent Statement in Ravenna. Only students applying to grades 9-11 will submit Student Questions in Ravenna.
Delegate Forms to Your Current School
Delegate Teacher Evaluation forms and the Principal/Counselor Evaluation form to your child's current school. These grade-specific forms will be available in Ravenna and should be completed by your current school after January 1 and are due to Galloway by February 17.
Applicants to grades 1 through 11, please download and print the Transcript Release Authorization form and submit it directly to your child's current school. The school must send the transcript directly to Galloway's admissions office after January 1. The transcript should include last year's grades/evaluations, 2022 first semester grades/evaluations and arrive by February 17.
Schedule Two Visits - Let us Get to Know You and Your Family
Student Observation Session
All applicants will participate in an observation session after January 1, 2022. You will choose an observation date in Ravenna after your application has been submitted. Currently, we are planning to host observation dates in person. We will adjust plans as needed while monitoring current health guidelines. For out of town families, please reach out to the admissions team to schedule your observation session virtually.
A weekday parent conversation with a member of the admissions team is required for all parents of applicants from PreK3-8th grade. A conversation with current parents and Upper learning parents and admissions is not required, however, it is required for students applying to Upper Learning. You will choose a parent conversation date in Ravenna. Please note, these appointments fill quickly and begin in November and end in February. Parent conversations will be offered via phone or a Zoom call by request.
Outside Testing Requirements
- Applicants to Kindergarten and up submit outside testing. Outside testing is not required for Pre-Kindergarten applicants.
- Applicants to Kindergarten through grade 5: JATP. Registration information and instructions can be found here.
- Applicants to grades 6-8: SSAT
- Applicants to grades 9 and up: SSAT
- The SSAT website includes test information for the upcoming year, such as the Flex Test and the SSAT at home. The February 4, 2023 SSAT test date is the last test date that will allow scores to arrive in time for application file review.
- In lieu of the JATP or SSAT Galloway will accept:
- Grades K-5: Full psychoeducational evaluation from September 1, 2019 or later
- Grades 6 and up: Full psychoeducational evaluation from September 1, 2021 or later
- Grades 10 and up: PSAT, SAT, or ACT by September 1, 2021
The Galloway School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law in administration of its employment, enrollment, or educational policies, tuition assistance programs or other administered programs.