Congratulations to our varsity girls basketball team on a fantastic, record-shattering year!
We saw the girls mature through every game and practice. The more the coaches asked of them, the more they united as a team. The girls sacrificed so much of their time and effort throughout this long journey. Although the girls fell just shy of a victory in last week's state championship game against St. Francis, the entire Galloway community remains incredibly proud of them.
"The team set out to do one thing since we talked about our goals last summer: win a state championship," said Coach Kiesha Brown. "Yes, we fell short. Yes, it stings. However, we broke through another wall and again made school history, making our team that much stronger than before."
The team would also like to give a special shoutout to Coach Steve, Mr. Foreman, Mr. Diaz-Williamson, and several parents who were willing to step in (and play!) to invest in their kids' journey for their state championship run.
Stats from State Championship Game - St. Francis 76, Galloway 74 (OT)
- Kailyn Fields '23: 4 points, 7 steals, 4 assists, 2 rebounds
- Kyla Cain '23: 15 points 3 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 steals
- Allison Hoffmann '23: 6 points, 1rebound, 2 steals
- Tianna Thompson '24: 23 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals
- Dee Stokes '25: 12 points 8 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks
- Taryn Thompson '26: 14 points 3 rebounds 2 steals
Notable Season Stats
- Kyla Cain '23: 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds; named All-Region
- Kailyn Fields '23: 1,000 career points; named All-Region
- Allison Hoffmann '23: 1,000 career points; Galloway girls basketball all-time leader in 3-point shots made (202)
- Tianna Thompson '24: 1,000 career points; named Region 6A Player of the Year