Board of Trustees
The Galloway School is a non-profit independent school and has no shareholders or owners. The Galloway School is governed by The Board of Trustees. The Board is responsible for:
- Hiring and working collaboratively with the Head of School, who is in charge of day-to-day administration and operations.
- Advancing Galloway's mission and objectives.
- Developing policies and long-range plans to assure the well-being of the school.
- Ensuring the long-term financial viability of the school.
The Board entrusts operational matters to the Head of School. The Head of School is a non-voting member of the Board of Trustees.
2023-24 Board of Trustees
- Jenny Gruel, Board Chair
- Koboi M. Simpson, Chair Elect
- Ellen Orthwein, Treasurer
- Patty Foglesong, Secretary
- Dr. James Calleroz White, President and Head of School
- Todd Benjamin
- Brett Curry
- Carey Denney
- Adam Dorfman
- Justin Dinerman ‘95
- Giancarlo Giannetti
- Kevin Luptowski ‘08, Alumni Council President
- George McKerrow
- Hillery McNeill
- Nadrea Njoku
- Leane Silhan, Parents Association President
- Dee Slaughter
- Bill Stevens
- Shaun Winters
Standing Committees of the Board of Trustees
To sustain the school and its mission, the Board identifies and studies issues and challenges that will impact the school, then forms policies to address those issues. This is accomplished through standing committees, as well as strategic committees and task forces, which focus on specific areas of interest and governance designed to enhance the Galloway experience. Some committees include non-trustees.
Galloway’s Board of Trustees is composed of dedicated and hardworking volunteer members with varied skills and perspectives. Trustees are parents of current and former students, alumni, and members of the external Atlanta community. All share a deep personal commitment to the school and its future. Board members normally serve three-year terms and are eligible to serve up to two consecutive terms.