The Galloway Library
Welcome to the Galloway Library, a hub of activity, exploration, scholarship, and discovery. We offer books and digital resources for all ages, are a springboard for research and inquiry, and sponsor special events to celebrate reading. Take a look at what we do by visiting the Early Learning Hub and the Middle and Upper Learning Hub.
The Galloway Library is a welcoming, innovative library that inspires imagination, cultivates connections, and celebrates learning.
In addition to providing connections to a wide array of print and digital resources for faculty and students, The Galloway Library sponsors a variety of activities and events. Students at all levels participate in the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl competition, Middle Learning students stay up for an annual All Night Read In, and Upper Learning students hold regular poetry readings. The library also sponsors visits by children's and young adult authors. Some authors who have spoken recently are Marie Lu, Margaret Peterson Haddix, Adam Gidwitz, Ridley Pearson, Laurie Halse Anderson, Gene Luen Yang, and Andrew Smith.
- We support Galloway's unique 4D approach to learning, encouraging each Galloway student's journey through daring, deliberate, and dynamic discovery.
- We believe our strength lies in teamwork and relationships.
- We are passionate about the value of books and reading for intellectual/personal growth.
- We embrace change and strive to be adventurous and fearless in serving our learning community's information needs.
- We believe that learning is fun, so the library should be a warm, welcoming place.
- We are helpful and friendly to our learning community, saying "yes" whenever possible.
- We uphold academic integrity and teach members of our learning community to be ethical users of information.
- We stand with the American Library Association in upholding our learning community's freedom to read, making available a wide diversity of views and expressions.